Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Everything is Breaking

Senegal is not very kind on electronics. In June my ipod screen broke, July my computer began having difficulty turning on, August computer now completely broken, and camera having trouble turning on. I think it's all the sand. The house computer is also broken now which means I am relying on my fellow PCVs to let me use their computers until another PCV comes back from America with my new one. Which will break in approximately one year. I hope my camera makes it. I can't afford another and it would be horrible not to get pictures of the waterfalls in Kedegou, or me and my friends having a night in Dakar. Senegal appears to be harder on electronics than people. Although I feel like I am breaking I know I'll make it back home!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Em, get someone to send you a Pelican box big enough to put your electronics in. It's the only way to keep your electronics safe! Put them in whenever you are not using them. And blow the sand off the box before you open it again. We use them for our expensive stuff in the field. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete