Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Travel

It is hard to travel in Senegal. There is always a fight over the price first of all. I want to pay the same as everyone else on the bus. No I will not pay extra for my bags and no I will not pay for two seats so we can leave sooner. The transport is based on a when the car is packed and everyone is uncomfortable we will go system. In the rainy season this gets even worse. People don't want to open their windows. Drivers want to wait longer. The roads disappear. A couple weeks ago a guy driving a sand truck wasn't paying attention and hit my bus. All the volunteers agree that everytime we get in a car we risk our lives.
This is the road behind my hut when it rains. The kids like to swim in it :) I really do love how all my little brothers and sisters just run around naked in the rain it's so funny :) Sometimes in the big storms we can't go outside though. The wind is so strong and it blows everything all around. Also this time of year a lot of huts fall down. I have informed my family of the anger I will feel if my hut falls. My brother promises it won't....

No comments:

Post a Comment