Thursday, June 30, 2011

RAIN!!!

Finally it rained! 8 months of nothing and now it's here. Everything changed so fast. It's nice because I missed the changing of seasons in America. It's different though because at home it's gradual. Here over three days it went from hot, dry, and dusty to humid wet and the wildlife has come out. I biked through the bush the other day and it was the first time I saw dragonflies here. The first batch of mayflies came out for mating too. Then there were these crazy velvety red hemipterans and I have never seen anything like them. Alas my camera was dead! It was beautiful. Little ponds had formed and frogs where everywhere! I mean by the hundreds Egyptian plague style. I got lost for a while but I didn't even mind. Everything looked so different after just one rain. Where there were bush paths there was just bush. Little creeks are already beginning to form too. It will make travel more difficult in the sense of mud and creeks for the horse and donkey carts but easier for me on bike. It's not gonna be like biking on a beach anymore. On the last leg of my trip a giant lizard jumped at me and tried to bite me! Finally, the Africa I imagined is coming back to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment