Thursday, November 25, 2010

My New Lifestyle

I have been trying to integrate into the community and make my presence known while staying within my comfort zone. I went and ate at the "egg mans" the other day. In all cities and many villages in Africa there are women who sell beans and bread in the morning for breakfast While it sounds simple I assure to a malnutritioned volunteer in need of protein they are the shit! In my village I have instead of a bean lady a man who sells bread and eggs.  Not as good as a bean lady though, and he overcharged me. I do have a new friend in the village now  though! I have been to people's fields and gardens and sometimes I just walk around and say hi to people. There is one boutique, and by that a mean a room in someones compound where I can buy sugar and soap, which I frequent. I think the people there are used to me and that the woman though I don't know her name yet likes me.  My family is getting used to my schedule and know the times I will be sleeping or showering and I feel that they give me my space. Things are looking good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment